Minimally Invasive Circulatory Assist Devices
Second Heart is developing a minimally invasive circulatory support platform based on proprietary aortic stent pump technology. The platform will be deployed using low profile catheter-based techniques and will provide either temporary or chronic circulatory support, depending on the specific needs of the patient. Second Heart’s initial product will be a catheter-based temporary assist pump to treat patients with acute decompensated heart failure and to provide circulatory support to those undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). The second application will be a wirelessly powered circulatory assist pump that will provide chronic circulatory support for heart failure patients.
Key features of Second Heart’s platform include:
- A higher flow (with lower RPMs) rate than other systems at over 7 liters per minute.
- Pump placement just above the renal arteries will provide additional benefit for heart failure patients with kidney dysfunction.
- A choice of pulsatile or continuous flow to optimize hemodynamics and lessen the risk of thrombosis.
- The only system to use the full inner diameter of the aorta to increase pump stability and reduce pump migration.
- Lower risk of mechanical failure due to simple impeller deployment mechanism, improved bearings, and liquid cooled drive shaft.
VP Engineering & Product Development
Chief Advisor, Investor Relations
Chief Advisor Clinical Affairs
VP Corporate Development, Board Director
Chief Advisor Biomedical Engineering & Finance
Chief Advisor Regulatory Affairs
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Advisor CardioThoracic Surgery
Chief Advisor Research
Chief Advisor Reimbursement
Associate Director Physician Relations
Chief Advisor Implant Design Engineering
CAUTION Disclaimer and Warning: Products described on this web site are in early stage development and are not yet proven safe or effective in statistically significant controlled clinical studies. Any statement or phrases implying efficacy or safety in any form are considered modified by “intended to” or “designed to”. Investigational use only in countries where investigation is permitted by law and proper filings have been made and appropriate regulatory clearances have been granted. Any use of the product(s) must be in an authorized clinical study with institutional review board (ethics committee) approval and proper patient consent procedures followed. For other countries product is only available for laboratory investigation by credentialed institutions and investigators with proper clearances with a research agreement in place with a study sponsor. NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE.