Minimally Invasive Circulatory Assist Devices
Second Heart is developing a minimally invasive circulatory support platform based on proprietary aortic stent pump technology. The platform will be deployed using low profile catheter-based techniques and will provide either temporary or chronic circulatory support, depending on the specific needs of the patient. Second Heart’s initial product will be a catheter-based temporary assist pump to treat patients with acute decompensated heart failure and to provide circulatory support to those undergoing high-risk percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). The second application will be a wirelessly powered circulatory assist pump that will provide chronic circulatory support for heart failure patients.
Key features of Second Heart’s platform include:
- A higher flow (with lower RPMs) rate than other systems at over 7 liters per minute.
- Pump placement just above the renal arteries will provide additional benefit for heart failure patients with kidney dysfunction.
- A choice of pulsatile or continuous flow to optimize hemodynamics and lessen the risk of thrombosis.
- The only system to use the full inner diameter of the aorta to increase pump stability and reduce pump migration.
- Lower risk of mechanical failure due to simple impeller deployment mechanism, improved bearings, and liquid cooled drive shaft.
VP Engineering & Product Development
Chief Advisor, Investor Relations
Chief Advisor Clinical Affairs
VP Corporate Development, Board Director
Chief Advisor Biomedical Engineering & Finance
Chief Advisor Regulatory Affairs
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Advisor CardioThoracic Surgery
Chief Advisor Research
Chief Advisor Reimbursement
Associate Director Physician Relations